Thursday, January 19, 2012

Perspectives and Expectations....

A couple days ago I was walking the dog with my 12 year old daughter. The dog is a very large puppy - just 9 months old. He is full of energy and the fastest of his all the hound breed - Redbone Coonhound. But again, just a pup. 

So I told my daughter, "Okay, let's just see what he can do!"

I am pretty fast, as older men go. So I took the leash and sprinted full out. I was flying (knowing full well I would pay for it later). But it was worth it to complete the experiment.

At the top of my speed I looked down to the dog - to check out his top-speed form.

Um,...he was trotting, a medium trot,....looking about at this and that. As if out for a stroll. :-)

Oh well. We got a laugh out of it.

What was I thinking?!  Wait...this might be an analogy for other times in life...in some way...maybe.

BTW - I am editing the next novel. Please click above at an excerpt of it (chapter two - turned into a stand-alone short story).

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment